Terms and Conditions
1. ALL Clients:
1. Must have completed a Rider Registration Form before riding a horse. This will be countersigned by the proprietor or instructor after a rider assessment is required.
2. Must resubmit their Rider Registration Form if their details change. (The responsibility falls to the Parent/Guardian if the child is under 18).
3. We reserve the right to refuse you to ride a particular horse/pony if we feel that the safety of the rider or horse is in question.
4. You reserve the right to change to another horse/ pony, providing one is available, and it is practical and safe to do so.
5. You also have the right to request another Instructor subject to availability.
6. You may book a Horse/Pony of your choice subject to availability and suitability charged at an additional £5 per session
2. Punctuality and Arrival Times:
1. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the lesson/ hack /pony ride to allow time for hat fitting.
2. If you are late, we unfortunately cannot make that time up as other clients will be waiting for their lessons to start on time.
3. If we are late for whatever reason we will make up your lesson/hack time.
3. Disabled Riders
1. Medical consent form must be provided to RCfSP to be signed by rider, provider and doctor or consultant.
2. Liability associated with misleading information on forms will not be accepted.
3. If rider needs extra support, carers or responsible adult are required to assist. Carers must sign a green card to ensure covered for insurance. Assisting parties must be clothed appropriately with solid suitable footwear.
4. New Clients:
1. Are required to attend a mandatory Assessment/Introduction Lesson before being allowed to book anything else. This allows us to ascertain your riding level.
2. All Clients Rules Apply.
5. Previous Clients:
1. If you've not been riding with us for a year or more. We reserve the right to ask you to complete another Assessment Lesson.
2. All Clients Rules Apply.
1. All Bookings Require Payment in Advance. (by cheque, BACS or cash only)
2. It is a condition of booking that you accept our Refund Policy.
3. If you fail to turn up, you will be required to pay in full.
1. We operate a Refund Policy. This is a condition of booking.
2. No Credit or Transfers are given for late cancellations.
3. Late Cancellations = Less than 24 hours’ Notice
4. See our Bad Weather Policy
1. Instructors reserve the right to refuse to teach a client for any reason.
9. Bad Weather or Conditions:
1. Activities might be cancelled in extreme weather.
2. You should call us on 01388 604637 before you leave for the center if the weather is in doubt.
3. Indoor Riding might be cancelled when the following weather or conditions are occurring:
a. Heavy Snow.
b. Heavy Rain and/or Flooding.
c. Hurricane Force Winds.
d. Electrical Storms.
e. Power Failure (no lighting for indoor school).
4. Outdoor Riding Might be cancelled when the following weather is occurring:
a. Heavy Snow
b. Heavy Rain and/or Flooding.
c. Medium to Hurricane Force Winds.
5. We reserve the right to cancel riding because of bad weather at any time. Management’s decision is final.
6. In the event the lesson is cancelled due to bad weather, the lesson will be re-booked at no additional charge.
10. Safety Equipment and Riding Wear:
1. P.P.E (Personal Protective Equipment): Every time you handle a horse you are required to wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
2. Riding Helmets:
a. Hats (all types): Should be PAS015 or BSEN138 standard (or better).
b. Must be worn and fastened at all times while riding a horse.
c. Must be worn and fastened at all times while handling or a horse.
d. We strongly advise all customers to purchase their own helmet as soon as possible.
i. We recommend against purchasing second hand riding helmets in case they have been damaged.
3. Body Protectors:
a. We do not provide body protectors.
b. We strongly recommend you wear one whenever riding.
i. This is especially important if you take part in jumping classes.
ii. We reserve the right to refuse you lessons until you've purchased one.
c. We recommend you wear one whenever handling a horse.
i. We recommend against purchasing second hand body protectors in case they have been damaged.
4. Riding Footwear:
a. Clients must wear appropriate footwear while riding.
b. Allowed Footwear:
i. Jodhpur Boots
ii. Riding Boots
c. Disallowed Footwear:
ii. High Heels
iv. We reserve the right to refuse footwear we deem unsafe
d. We recommend toe protection whenever handling a horse.
1. You should not wear Jewellery of any kind, anything you wear you do so at your own risk.
2. It's the parent’s responsibility to check their child isn't wearing Jewellery.
11. Weight Restrictions
1. There is a maximum weight restriction of 14 stone for riding our horses and ponies. If you exceed this weight limit, at this time you will not be able to ride with us.
2. If you plan on being a regular rider, please discuss with our proprietor or instructors and we may be able to make arrangements to meet your requirements.
12. Extra Visitors and/or Friends of the Family:
1. Children must be supervised at all times by a legally responsible person.
2. Parents are advised not to leave your children unattended at any time during their stay at the Chestnuts.
3. If spectating in the gallery, please remain as quiet as possible, and in full view of the horses/ponies & Instructor at all times.
4. Whilst spectating, the Instructor reserves the right to ask you to leave the Indoor School if they feel the safety of the rider or horse/pony is in question.
5. Young Children: Must be supervised at all times by a responsible person and remain seated and quiet whilst lessons are in progress and not to run around the gallery.
13. Movement of Horses & ponies and Farm Equipment
around the yard and surrounding areas is unavoidable and we ask you to give way to them at all times.
14. Out of Bounds:
1. There are No Entry Type signs and notices posted around the facility, you must acknowledge and obey them, ignoring them is at your own risk.
2. The following locations are Out of Bounds without permission from management, you must not enter them and you do so at your own risk:
a. Stable Yard including but not limited to:
i. Any Stable.
ii. Tack Rooms.
iii. Feed Rooms.
v. Sheds or other Buildings.
b. Indoor School (Only Instructors and Riders allowed in the Riding Arena), Excluding the Spectator Gallery.
c. Bridle path.
d. Fields or Paddocks.
e. House/Cottage and its Grounds.
f. Locked/Closed/Enclosed Areas or Buildings
15. Warning Signs:
We have many different warning signs all over the grounds, they are there for a reason, and you must obey them. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the grounds at any time if we think you are a danger to yourself.
16. Smoking Policy:
We have a Strict No Smoking Policy. Smoking is permitted outside the perimeter fence.
We don't allow any clients to bring their own pets onto the grounds/premises.
1. Guide Dogs and assisted dogs are allowed.
All animals are unpredictable; Do Not Feed the Horses & Ponies at any time unless management give permission. Don't enter any field, box or make contact with a Horse or Pony at any time, without prior authorisation from a member of Management.
19. Cars, Bicycles:
We can't be held responsible for any damage to your transportation while on the premises/grounds.
20. Personal Property:
We can't be held responsible for Damage, Theft or Loss of your personal property while it's on the premises.
Please note: Clients leaving the RCfSP by car must give way to incoming traffic or safety reasons.
1. Parking is permitted in the allocated parking areas.
2. Maximum Speed on the premises is 5mph.
22. RIDING IS A RISK SPORT
- Your choice to ride is voluntary. We take all reasonable care to provide suitable and safe horses and ponies for all our clients. All animals can be Unpredictable. We strongly advise you to take out full personal accident cover.
23. PLEASE NOTE:
The Riding Centre for Special People, Owners, Staff and Managing agents cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any persons or their property whilst on these premises or whilst out hacking, eventing or showing.
24. Agreement of Terms:
If you do not agree with any of Terms and Conditions, then you do not have permission to enter the premises and any bookings are null and void. Our Refund Policy applies in this situation as well because our Terms and Conditions are available online and on request at any time. As such you have every opportunity to read them before booking any activity and a refund will not be available on failure to accept them.
Riding Centre for Special People Ltd
There is something about the outside of a horse, that is good for the inside of a man
”, Winston S Churchill